What We Do
What's covered in our inspections.
- Roofs: Covering, flashings, chimneys and vents, gutters and downspouts.
- Exterior: Siding, trim, flashings, driveway, walks, patios, decks, stairs, railings, fascias, soffits, grading at foundation.
- Interior: Walls, ceilings, floors, windows, doors, stairs & railings, shower walls, garage O.H. doors & openers, fireplaces, woodburning stoves, dampers and flues.
- Electrical: Interior wiring of panels, system grounding, outlets, switches, fixtures, wiring methods.
- Plumbing: Water and waste lines, fixtures, water heater and venting, waste water ejector pumps, gas lines, whirlpool tubs, water flow and drainage.
- HVAC: Operation of systems, air filters, humidifiers, distribution, condensate drainage, venting.
- Basements: Foundations, framing, signs of & crawls moisture concerns, ground water sump pumps.
- Attics: Framing, ventilation, insulation, vapor retarders, signs of previous water entry.
- Appliances: Clothes washers & dryers, refrigerators, ranges and ovens, food disposers, dishwashers, vent fans, microwave ovens, hot water dispensers, central vacuums, trash compactors.
Other Types of Inspections
There are many other types of property inspections offered by home inspectors, depending on your needs:
- Pre-Listing Inspections
- Pre-Purchase Inspections
- New Construction Inspections
- Multi-unit Inspections
- Annual Maintenance Checkup
Our inspections are limited to readily accessible and visible areas of the property. Because we are in someone else's home we generally will not be moving belongings or furniture as this can occasionally result in damage. Nor do we have the option of probing behind finished surfaces.
The purpose of the home inspection is to find major concerns that may involve safety and/or significant repair costs. Minor conditions are secondary to us and while we try to identify as many as reasonable some may be overlooked. The inspection is not intended as a guarantee that every risk will be eliminated.
We strongly encourage our clients to be present at the inspection. This way we can actually show you any concerns that we find. We can more appropriately explain the condition and provide you with a better understanding so that you can make informed decisions in your purchase negotiations.
Return to top of page
"Dedicated to the Highest Standard of Professionalism in the Home Inspection Industry"
© 2011-2018 LazrWeb all rights reserved